residential/smb internet access in 2019 - help?

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Thu Mar 28 11:12:14 UTC 2019

Variability will always happen with small businesses, but you're more likely to encounter someone that won't do nasty things to your bits through a local WISP as opposed to a national player. It's also more likely to be consistent versus the variability of a mobile service.

WISPs have been going strong for years.

Typically when a fixed wireless customer moves to mobile wireless, they move back within a couple months.

Also, *most* people don't need more than 10 megs at home, so fixed providers that haven't upgraded to support faster speeds aren't really at a disadvantage when you look at how the connection is actually used. That becomes apparent once you switch.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com