QFX5k question

Mehmet Akcin mehmet at akcin.net
Sat Mar 23 19:41:32 UTC 2019

Hey there,

I am trying to get my hands on some QFX5000s and I have a rather quick
question.

In the past, I often used MX + EX where MX did routing and I connected all
uplinks/peering and EX, and EX did switching, i connected my servers to ex.

in QFX, I am trying to see if I need EX or not? more importantly (besides
from what juniper papers say) are there any known issues people run into
for a small scale deployment. (100mbps-1gbps range 1 rack, 20 servers)

my plan is to have QFX to it all, but i am worried, if this is too much for
QFX, if you have relative experience on this , feel free to let me know

thanks in advance

mehmet