Contacts wanted: OVH, DigitalOcean, and Microsoft (Deutschland)

Eric Kuhnke eric.kuhnke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 16:17:23 UTC 2019

Absolutely unrelated to Ronald's original post, but it's ironic that the
abuse@ address is itself heavily "abused", by commercial copyright
enforcement companies which think it's a catch-all address for things which
are not operationally related to the health of a network (BGP hijacks,
DDoS, spam email traffic, botnet/virus/worm/trojan traffic command and
control and such).

Despite the presence of a registered DMCA agent address[1][2] for an ASN,
many companies continue to flood abuse@ with copyright notices. Ask any ISP
that operates in the English language Internet but is not physically
located in the USA (NZ, AU, CA, etc) how many USA-specific legal threats
their abuse inbox receives. Usually for something like a residential
customer torrenting a TV show.

1: https://www.copyright.gov/dmca-directory/
2: https://www.copyright.gov/rulemaking/onlinesp/NPR/faq.html