Yahoo/Oath GeoDNS Issue (AS36647)

John Von Essen john at essenz.com
Sun Mar 17 14:21:09 UTC 2019

If anyone from Yahoo/Oath is here, please email me off-list. Have a
GeoDNS issue with yahoo API URLs in Australia, DNS results are returning
IPs that are not ideal for the region (like on the other side of the
world), it so bad (excess latency), we have to override them locally
which I really rather not have to do. This is related to operations of a
major/global search engine platform.

In Australia, these Yahoo URLs should be resolving to Singapore, but
instead are resolving to central USA. The issue started a few weeks
back, prior to that DNS resolution was working to Singapore.

Thanks

John