Apple devices spoofing default gateway?

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Thu Mar 14 12:53:01 UTC 2019

Can you post some packet captures?

I was a network engineer on the WiFi network at SFO, for both passengers and baggage scanners, with several hundred APs. Several times we were misled by packet captures that seemed to show client traffic causing network problems, such as packet storms, but which ultimately always had some more mundane cause, like a failed DHCP server or flapping switch interface.

The particular SFO network I worked on has Juniper switching and Aruba APs, so it’s not directly applicable to your ecosystem. But the complexities of interpreting packet captures may apply.

 -mel beckman