Analysing traffic in context of rejecting RPKI invalids using pmacct

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Thu Mar 14 00:43:17 UTC 2019

>> Thanks for the update, but based on that description I'm not certain
>> that you implemented the same thing that pmacct built, which IMO is
>> what is needed by those considering deploying a drop-invalids policy.
>> (Perhaps you omitted mentioning that ability in your description but
>> included it in your implementation.)
>>

> Thanks Jay, you are correct. As we were talking through the logic we
> realized we missed that bit. Internally, we're working though the logic to
> understand if there is a covering route, is that route valid, and if not,
> will we recurse and look for another covering route that is valid?

daniele's pam paper and ripe preso, layed it out pretty well

Daniele Iamartino, Cristel Pelsser, Randy Bush. "Measuring BGP Route
Origin Registration and Validation," PAM 2015.

https://archive.psg.com//141223.route-origin-pam2015.pdf
https://ripe69.ripe.net/presentations/103-route-origin-validation.pdf