Should Netflix and Hulu give you emergency alerts?

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Sun Mar 10 19:38:20 UTC 2019

--- beecher at beecher.cc wrote:
From: Tom Beecher <beecher at beecher.cc>

Business ask to create near real time, location aware notification system
to increase user engagement and refine ad tracking : "That's a a great
idea, we can do that!"

Government ask to create near real time, location aware notification system
for public safety warnings : "THAT IS A BRIDGE TOO FAR, THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS
GOVERNMENT OVERREACH!"

No, it is overreach and Doing The Wrong Thing (AKA we do
evil now even though we said we wouldn't in the beginning)
for businesses as well.

scott