Free Open Source Network Operating Systems

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Sat Mar 9 20:18:34 UTC 2019

On 3/9/19 11:36 AM, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> I could be making this up, but my understanding is that the Broadcom SDK
> is not free, and without the SDK, hardware interaction is limited.

It likely is not.

What would be interesting to know, however, is if the terms under which
it (or at least the necessary hardware documentation) is distributed
would permit a clean F/OSS implementation.

If it would, then you just need to find someone at Broadcom to give you
the time of day...
--
Brandon Martin