Arista Layer3

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Mar 9 04:47:51 UTC 2019

On 8/Mar/19 13:18, Brandon Martin wrote:

> I haven't used Arista much at all really.

We are currently swapping out our Juniper EX4550's and EX4600's for
Arista's 7280SR switches, but this is purely for Layer 2 Ethernet
customer aggregation in the data centre.

The main issue we are having is getting support for L2PT in the Arista
on par with what Juniper and Cisco can do today. So far, some of the
critical protocols are trickling into test code, but there is still a
little bit of way to go before we get everything we need.

At any rate, it seems there are no hardware limitations in getting those
protocols implemented, and Arista just need to get more people on to the
code to write it all up. So that's a positive, although it is delaying
our migration.

In the core, been using the 7508E for 100Gbps Layer 2 Ethernet
aggregation for over a year now. Apart from some fabric modules that
failed in 2 switches at the same time (nothing really major as that is
part of network operations), they've been solid.

Mark.