Should Netflix and Hulu give you emergency alerts?

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Sat Mar 9 02:43:16 UTC 2019

Software has bugs. If this happens to you (or anyone else), a hard power
reset of your mobile phone will clear up the problem.

I have not figured out what causes the repeating duplicate alerts. I've
asked FEMA and some engineers at a cellular carrier. It seems to be a
"known problem." But I haven't been able to get a technical explanation
for the cause.

The duplication happens randomly on both android and iOS phones, and on
multiple carriers. So I'm a bit mystified about the root cause.