Arista Layer3 (Colton Conor)

Michael Starr ekim9190 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 16:38:58 UTC 2019

I can't comment on the direct comparison of the SLX9540, but we have 8x
7280SR deployed across our network (just migrated off all the Brocades we
had) and have had amazing success with them.

The number of informational or "show" commands isn't as extensive as some
of the others that have been around for a while and the output of some of
them is a little jarring, but otherwise I have no complaints.

All of my BGP sessions (200-300 IX sessions, 2 transit providers, 28 iBGP)
are fully populated in <10 seconds (i know many of your networks are much
larger than ours).

As for pricing, I don't have list, but for the box, memory upgrade, and
routing license we paid much less than 100k -- Of course the port density

Feel free to reach out directly for more specific information :)

Mike