WIndows Updates Fail Via IPv6 - Update!

Radu-Adrian Feurdean nanog at radu-adrian.feurdean.net
Mon Mar 4 07:12:10 UTC 2019

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019, at 22:05, Mark Andrews wrote:
> admins who don’t know how IP is supposed to work.

You do realise that in "corporate world" that's more than 80% of network admins ? Some of them even make it to "audit" companies, so they can screw a company with clueful admins with their "mandatory reccomandations".

> ICMP is NOT optional.

Can we make a short rule that says: For ICMP, *ALLOW* *ALL* unless you do have a very specific and motivated reason to block some types.
I would even go as far as "allow all icmp from any to any" (and if possible as the first firewall rule), but I do understand that may make some people have hives.