WIndows Updates Fail Via IPv6 - Update!

Harald Koch chk at pobox.com
Mon Mar 4 01:17:09 UTC 2019

On Sun, Mar 3, 2019, at 17:35, Stephen Satchell wrote:

> Yes, some admins don't have fine-enough grain tools to block or throttle
> specific types of ICMP, but that's the fault of the vendors, not the admins.

We call these tunable parameters "nerd knobs".

I used to create those knobs for firewalls. My experience then (and now, with my current employer) is that admins turn every knob you give them up to eleven; there is no finesse.  The only answer was, and is, to remove the knobs altogether.

(Can I join the choir too? :)

--
Harald Koch
chk at pobox.com