Crowdfunding critical infrastructure

Jeff Shultz jeffshultz at sctcweb.com
Thu Jun 27 16:52:43 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 9:34 AM Tom Beecher <beecher at beecher.cc> wrote:

>> Encouraging folks to contribute to specific individuals directly may be a little more difficult though, compared to, say, getting a legitimate organization going that provides (likely objectively-determined merit-based) payouts to the sort of folks you're talking about.
>

> Adding an organization in front of that whose sole reason for existence is to decide who gets what % of the money doesn't make a lot of sense, mostly because it is just creating another layer of people who are then going to feel entitled to be compensated for taking the time to decide who should be compensated.

It will be interesting to see, should this get off the ground to any
significant amount, if it turns into a bit of a popularity contest -
where a few get the lions share of the donations and the rest a
pittance.

It might be a good idea to provide the list in a random (and
frequently re-randomized) fashion to avoid the same names always being
at the top of it. I see that Matt Harris had the same thought.

--
Jeff Shultz

--
Like us on Social Media for News, Promotions, and other information!!

<https://www.facebook.com/SCTCWEB/>
<https://www.instagram.com/sctc_503/>
<https://www.yelp.com/biz/sctc-stayton-3>
<https://www.youtube.com/c/sctcvideos>

_**** This message
contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual
named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail
from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or
error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed,
arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does
not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. ****_