AWS 40/100G wholesale Express-Route ?

Paul Zugnoni pz at wish.com
Tue Jun 25 14:55:58 UTC 2019

Hi,
Some quick terminology to be clear, AWS uses the term "Direct Connect"
whereas MS Azure uses "Express Route". Right now, max link bandwidths
each:
  - AWS Direct Connect: 10G.
  - Azure Express Route: 100G (though I'm unsure this is available in
every location)
  - GCP Dedicated Interconnect: 10G (100G in beta)

If your equipment is not local to a location where your desired cloud
provider has the handoff, then you must have some carrier service in
between. There are several partners of these cloud providers. You can
buy a circuit from them to reach a port on the cloud provider side.
The partner handles the lower layer connectivity into the cloud
provider gear. Some partners may offer above 10G but you should review
in detail how they manage the bandwidth to be sure you get the
performance you need.

PZ

--
PZ
Head of Datacenter and Network Infrastructure, Wish