CloudFlare issues?

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Mon Jun 24 21:24:31 UTC 2019

On 24/Jun/19 18:09, Pavel Lunin wrote:

> Hehe, I haven't seen this text before. Can't agree more.
>
> Get your tie back on Job, nobody listened again.
>
> More seriously, I see no difference between prefix hijacking and the
> so called bgp optimisation based on completely fake announces on
> behalf of other people.
>
> If ever your upstream or any other party who your company pays money
> to does this dirty thing, now it's just the right moment to go explain
> them that you consider this dangerous for your business and are
> looking for better partners among those who know how to run internet
> without breaking it.

We struggled with a number of networks using these over eBGP sessions
they had with networks that shared their routing data with BGPmon. It
sent off all sorts of alarms, and troubleshooting it was hard when a
network thinks you are de-aggregating massively, and yet you know you
aren't.

Each case took nearly 3 weeks to figure out.

BGP optimizers are the bane of my existence.

Mark.