few big monolithic PEs vs many small PEs

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Fri Jun 21 12:31:19 UTC 2019

" It is not economical or even physically possible to have an MPLS device next to every DSLAM, hence the aggregation."

https://mikrotik.com/product/RB750r2 MSRP $39.95

I readily admit that this device isn't large enough for most cases, but you can get cheap and small MPLS routers.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange