few big monolithic PEs vs many small PEs

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri Jun 21 07:25:02 UTC 2019

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019 at 10:09, <adamv0025 at netconsultings.com> wrote:

> Just on the human cockups though, we're putting more and more automation in to help address the problem of human imperfections.

With automation we break far far less often, far far more. MTTR is
also increased due to skill rot, in CLI jockey network you break
something every day and you have to troubleshoot and fix it, so even
fixing complex problems becomes routine. With automation years may
pass without complex outages when they happen, people panic and are
able to act logically and focus on single problem.

I am absolutely PRO automation. But I'm saying there is a cost.

--
  ++ytti