Traffic ratio of an ISP

Prasun Dey prasun at nevada.unr.edu
Thu Jun 20 20:45:58 UTC 2019

Hi Job,
While doing some study, I recently came across this
https://drpeering.net/white-papers/The-Folly-Of-Peering-Ratios.html
This discussion was from from a Nanog meeting that took place a long time ago. This made me interested to know whether there is some actual numbers behind those PeeringDB traffic ratio labels.
I think your comment on the importance of traffic ratio for a specific ASN pairing is spot on. Those information are confidential, and rightly to be so. All I wanted to know how much traffic a provider handles (receives vs. delivers), regardless of its business type. As other members have also mentioned, general consensus is, CPs are outbound, while transits are Balanced. I was wondering if there is some publicly available information about this labels. But, seems like these are more like generic information and their impact is very small in real life while ISPs decide to peer.
Thank you for your response.

-
Prasun

Regards,
Prasun Kanti Dey
Ph.D. Candidate,
Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering,
University of Central Florida
web: https://prasunkantidey.github.io/portfolio/