Cost effective time servers

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Thu Jun 20 14:59:46 UTC 2019

I use the $300 GPS-based TM1000A from TimeMachinesCorp.com. Gets Stratum-1 time from GPS satellites and distributes it. Usually I relay this through a handful of local time servers to spread out the load, but it can handle hundreds of queries per minute, so it’s reasonable to use as a primary source even in moderate-sized data centers.

I’ve put in a ton of them, and in most installations I buy two for redundancy. The GPS antenna works from a window in most instances .

 -mel beckman