SSL VPN

Stephen Cotton stephen at cotton.email
Fri Jun 14 20:18:47 UTC 2019

If you are authenticating off radius the profile the profile then only
contains the ta.key preauth key, as well as the server certs and settings.
So multiple people (or:and office) can use a single profile with their
unique credentials. I believe this may be succeptable to having the
password cached in memory though as it will auto reconnect on failure.

The default on the server setups also only allow a single active connection
per user. There is a checkbox (in the pfsense server config page) to
override this. It’s important to be congnizant of because there’s nothing
stopping someone from using the same profile and radius creds on two
devices (say a phone and computer) and the behavior they will see if just
constant disconnects and reconnects.