Bgpmon alternatives?

Brian Kantor Brian at ampr.org
Sun Jun 16 09:48:27 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jun 16, 2019 at 02:25:40AM -0700, Mike Leber wrote:
> As a beta service you can try out rt-bgp.he.net.  This is a real time
> bgp monitoring service we are developing.

It's interesting, but I don't see any way to do what I primarily
use the existing BGPMon for: watch for hijacks.

That is, set up one or more prefixes to be continuously monitored
and have the monitor send me an email alert when that prefix or a
subnet of it begins to be announced by someone new.

For example, if I have told it to monitor 44.0.0.0/8 and someone
somewhere begins announcing it, or perhaps 44.1.0.0/16, I'd very
much like to know about that, along with details of who and where.

Then if that announcement is authorized, I can tell the monitoring
service that this new entry is NOT a hijack, and it won't bug me
about it again.

Can it be persuaded to do this?
	- Brian