someone is using my AS number

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Jun 15 14:45:01 UTC 2019

> On Jun 15, 2019, at 5:43 AM, Job Snijders <job at instituut.net> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Jun 15, 2019 at 2:38 PM Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> Job,
>>
>> Permit me to apply some reflective listening to your statement:
>>
>> What I heard you say is: “I’m not going to offer a solution to your problem, but you shouldn’t use the one you have that currently works because some things my friends and I are doing react poorly to it and you may suffer some consequences as a result.”
>
> I have no idea how you would arrive at such a contrived convoluted
> interpretation. I'm sorry I can't help further your understanding of
> how modern day Internet routing works.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Job

It’s neither contrived, nor convoluted. It’s pretty much exactly what you said.

I have a pretty good understanding of how modern internet routing works and I wasn’t asking you to clarify that.

I was pointing out that while you told the guy not to use a tool that’s been working for him, you didn’t actually answer his question, nor did you offer any useful alternative.

Owen