someone is using my AS number

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Jun 13 15:56:16 UTC 2019

I've used it in the distant past for TE purposes.  Assuming you're
poisoning one ASN via one transit it's not exactly rocket science to
figure out if "it worked" or not.  As Warren mentioned, sometimes your
transits just don't provide all the knobs you need.

I suspect the number of networks that have intentionally disabled loop
prevention is relatively small, and those more likely "end user'ish"
networks that are less likely to be the target of as-path poisoning
TE...says the guy who just disabled loop prevention on a bunch of routers.
:)