Apple devices spoofing default gateway?

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sat Jun 8 00:41:26 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jun 7, 2019 at 6:14 AM www boy <wwwboy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just joined nanog to allow me to respond to a thread that Simon posted
in March. .
> (Not sure if this is how to respond)
>
> We have the exact same problem with Aruba Access points and with multiple
MacBooks and a iMac.
> Where the device will spoof the default gateway and the effect is that
vlan is not usable.

> I also have raised a case with Apple but so far no luck.
>
> What is the status of your issue?  Any luck working out exactly what the
cause is?

Hmm. Shooting in the dark here, but do you have a mismatch in your netmask
configurations? A device configured to perform proxy arp may respond to
requests for addresses outside its configured netmask. If the configured
address and netmask for some reason excluded the default gateway... Or if,
say, you have multiple subnets on the same vlan and one of the devices in
one of the subnets is configured to perform proxy arp...

--
William Herrin
bill at herrin.us
https://bill.herrin.us/