CenturyLink/Level 3 combined AS

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Fri Jun 7 16:09:29 UTC 2019

I wouldn't expect them to be integrated for at least another decade. Global Crossing AS3549 still exists with over 2,000 peer ASNs, yet Level 3 acquired them in 2011. Time Warner Telecom was acquired in 2014 and it still has 89 peer ASNs.

Centurylink bought Digital Teleport in 2003 and their ASN is still out there.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange