User Unknown (WAS: really amazon?)

Joe Provo nanog-post at rsuc.gweep.net
Wed Jul 31 22:25:15 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 04:02:58PM +0300, T??ma Gavrichenkov wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 30, 2019 at 1:20 PM Christoffer Hansen
> <christoffer at netravnen.de> wrote:
> > Imagine ARIN did a take from RIPE NCC [Policy Proposal Idea?] and a
> > policy came into effect of validating ALL 'OrgAbuseEmail' objects listed
> > in the ARIN database.
>
> Just to be precise, such a policy (2019-04) is still in a discussion
> phase in RIPE and has already seen significant resistance.
>
> You can, however, point fingers at APNIC instead, where pretty much
> the same policy proposal from the same authors (prop-125) was already
> implemented in apnic-127-v006 "Internet Number Resource Policies".
>
> I think they will be planning to reach out to ARIN with the same text
> right after the RIPE process ends this way or another.

Uh, ARIN-2019-5 has been in the ARIN PDP since March of this year.
See https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/drafts/2019_5/
Most recent related PPML thread:
https://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2019-July/067241.html

Cheers,

Joe

--
Posted from my personal account - see X-Disclaimer header.
Joe Provo / Gweep / Earthling