User Unknown (WAS: really amazon?)

Scott Christopher sc at ottie.org
Wed Jul 31 21:31:57 UTC 2019

Sandra Murphy wrote:

> Scott, you might want to read "Policy Development Process (PDP)”
> https://www.arin.net/participate/policy/pdp/ in order to discover just
> exactly what John means by “If the community developed a policy”.
>
> You might also want to join the Public Policy Mailing List,
> arin-ppml at arin.net, to discuss.  Scintillating discourse, I assure you.

Yes - I am aware of how ARIN functions, its mandate, its governance, etc.

What I have been saying is that, if ARIN did something so brazen as to revoke Amazon's resources because of some bounced PoC emails, the impact would be *dramatic* and likely lead to the end of ARIN. Just think about this for a minute. :) Obviously this will not happen because ARIN is so righteously competent. :)

I wasn't criticizing ARIN (or anybody) I was just answering a hypothetical.

--
S.C.