240/4 (Re: 44/8)

Greg Skinner gregskinner0 at icloud.com
Thu Jul 25 21:41:04 UTC 2019

> On Jul 22, 2019, at 9:15 PM, Ross Tajvar <ross at tajvar.io> wrote:
>
>>     Editor's note: This draft has not been submitted to any formal
>>     process.  It may change significantly if it is ever submitted.
>>     You are reading it because we trust you and we value your
>>     opinions.  *Please do not recirculate it.*  Please join us in
>>     testing patches and equipment!
>
> (emphasis mine)
>
> Interesting choice to host it in a public Github repo, then...

Funny, that …

BTW, there are a few missing links in the References that some of you may find useful:

[IEN48]    Cerf, V., "The CATENET MODEL FOR INTERNETWORKING", 1978,
<https://www.rfc-editor.org/ien/ien48.txt>

[IETF-13]  Gross, P., Bowers, K., "IETF Proceedings", 1989,
<https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/13.pdf>

[IHML]     Many, T., "Internet History Mailing list", 2019,
<http://www.postel.org/internet-history/>

Dave Täht and John Gilmore raised issues discussed in the draft in the February 2019 <http://mailman.postel.org/pipermail/internet-history/2019-February/thread.html> and March 2019 <http://mailman.postel.org/pipermail/internet-history/2019-March/thread.html> internet-history list archives, respectively.

FWIW, here are some additional resources:

IPv4 Unicast Extensions Netdevconf preso, March 2019 <http://flent-newark.bufferbloat.net/~d/IPv4%20Unicast%20Extensions3.pdf>

The IPv4 Cleanup Project GitHub repo <https://github.com/dtaht/unicast-extensions>

—gregbo