240/4 (Re: 44/8)

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 04:02:07 UTC 2019

Most importantly, if you're running out of 1918 space is a totally
different problem than running out of global routable space.

If you patch common OSes for 240/4 usability but a significant fraction of
say unpatched OSes, IOT, consumer routers, old random net cruft necessary
for infrastructure aren't patched... it's not actually globally routable.
At some point you can write off the few stragglers but... really, get IPv6
everywhere.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com