44/8

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jul 22 19:47:00 UTC 2019

On 22 Jul 2019, at 3:35 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us<mailto:bill at herrin.us>> wrote:

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 12:24 PM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net<mailto:jcurran at arin.net>> wrote:
> Nothing in the publicly vetted policies demanded that you attach organizations to the purpose-based allocations

You’ve suggested that this network was some special “purpose-based” allocation, but failed to point to any actual policy guidance that distinguishes it in that manner.

John,

As admitted at https://www.ampr.org/amprnet/, Hank Magnuski and Jon Postel thought it was a swell idea and simply did it.

Bill -

In which case, I’d recommend contacting Hank Magnuski to obtain documentation of your particular interpretation, as there are no published policy documents which indicate anything other than an allocation from the general purpose IPv4 space for an "amateur packet radio" research network (and in particular nothing that would indicate that stewardship over the allocation should rest with any party other than the assigned contact for the block.)

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO