Bgpmon alternatives?

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 00:51:51 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 12:44 PM Hank Nussbacher <hank at efes.iucc.ac.il> wrote:
> On 18/07/2019 08:44, Töma Gavrichenkov wrote:
> > Qrator guy there.
> > Real-time notifications are there but are only available on a
> > commercial basis, because basically real time is expensive to compute.
> > The rest is free.
>
> What about once a day notification of BGP hijack?  Is that also
> expensive to compute?

That's in the works, but honestly we see no user demand for that.
Either it's real time, or it's not needed.  Therefore, it's not a high
priority.

> I have an account and cannot find any
> documentation of realtime notifications nor its cost.  All I found was
> this - https://qrator.net/en/pricing .   Can you send links to the BGP
> hijack notification service and its cost?

This is basically a noncommercial service, so there's really no price
list.  Depends on an IP prefix count, but around $500/mo./ASN would be
about enough for us to cover our expenses and to afford a couple beers
at the end of the month.

--
Töma