44/8

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Fri Jul 19 18:37:06 UTC 2019

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Mikael Abrahamsson wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Phil Karn wrote:
>
>>>  And one of the principal people in the network telescope project was KC,
>>>  who also weaseled herself onto the ARDC board without even holding an
>>>  amateur radio license.  Conflict of interest here, holy carp.
>>
>>  You are not in possession of all the facts.
>>
>>  KC (Kim Claffy) is KC6KCC.
>
> https://www.fccbulletin.com/callsign/?q=KC6KCC
>
> The grant date was 2018-02-21.
>
> So both of the above statements can be true at the same time since I have no
> idea when KC joined the ARDC board. When was that?
>
> Also, reading: http://wiki.ampr.org/wiki/ARDC
>
> "It solely manages and allocates Internet address space, subnets of network
> 44 (AMPRNet), to interested Amateur Radio operators."
>
> Seems ARDC does more than this nowadays.

Not meaning to pour fuel on the fire...but KC was affiliated with (CFO)
ARDC at least as far back as 2015.  Do a search for Amateur Radio Digital
Communications at https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/CBS/Detail

Also of interest, ARDC was only incorporated (in CA) in 2011,
"anonymously" since the Articles of Incorporation filed with the state in
2011 are signed with no printed name, using an illegible signature.

How does an organization incorporated years after 44/8 was set aside for
amatuer radio use end up "owning" it enough to have the right to sell a
portion of it?