44/8

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Fri Jul 19 18:17:19 UTC 2019

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Phil Karn wrote:

>> And one of the principal people in the network telescope project was
>> KC, who also weaseled herself onto the ARDC board without even holding
>> an amateur radio license.  Conflict of interest here, holy carp.
>
> You are not in possession of all the facts.
>
> KC (Kim Claffy) is KC6KCC.

https://www.fccbulletin.com/callsign/?q=KC6KCC

The grant date was 2018-02-21.

So both of the above statements can be true at the same time since I have
no idea when KC joined the ARDC board. When was that?

Also, reading: http://wiki.ampr.org/wiki/ARDC

"It solely manages and allocates Internet address space, subnets of
network 44 (AMPRNet), to interested Amateur Radio operators."

Seems ARDC does more than this nowadays.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se