44/8

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jul 19 15:55:31 UTC 2019

On 19 Jul 2019, at 11:50 AM, Matt Harris <matt at netfire.net<mailto:matt at netfire.net>> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:41 AM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net<mailto:jcurran at arin.net>> wrote:
On 19 Jul 2019, at 11:34 AM, Matt Harris <matt at netfire.net<mailto:matt at netfire.net>> wrote:
Hey John, I understand that, however my understanding is that the establishment of an ARIN RSA is required prior to the transfer of a block or a portion or a block via ARIN (such as the transfer of 44.192/10). Thus, this would mean that the 44/8 block is now governed by an (well, more than one, now that it's split) ARIN RSA (or LRSA) whereas it was not before.  Is that not correct?

Matt -

ARIN doesn’t discuss details of specific registrations publicly; you need to refer any such questions to the registrant.

Without discussing any specific registration whatsoever, my understanding is that what I stated is the case as a matter of policy. Was just looking for confirmation that my reading of ARIN policy docs was not incorrect. :)

Matt -

Legacy resource holders may transfer a portion of their number resources without bringing the entire block under a registration services agreement.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers