44/8

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Jul 19 15:42:54 UTC 2019

On 19 Jul 2019, at 11:33 AM, Tom Beecher <beecher at beecher.cc<mailto:beecher at beecher.cc>> wrote:

If they choose to they could have (in the ARIN region) signed a LRSA,
but that's even been removed, in favor
of the now much more watered down RSA.

I believe ARCD would have been required to sign an LRSA (if they had not previously) in order to transfer the block to Amazon.

Also, a question for perhaps John here.

https://www.arin.net/about/corporate/agreements/rsa_faq/#legacy-resource-holder-faq

How do I know if my legacy number resources are already covered under an LRSA or not?
Typically, any legacy number resources that are covered under an LRSA will be associated with an Organization ID ending in a “-Z”. If you have any questions regarding your legacy resources, please contact ARIN’s Registration Services Department. You may contact the Registration Services Help Desk at +1.703.227.0660 or by submitting an Ask ARIN<https://account.arin.net/public/communication/message/beginQuestion.xhtml> ticket via your ARIN Online account.

Unless there was a clerical error somewhere, is this telling us that 44.192.0.0/10<http://44.192.0.0/10> remains classified as a legacy resource? I didn't think that was possible given that Amazon was not the original assignee.

Tom -

ARIN doesn’t discuss details of specific registrations publicly; you need to refer any such questions to the registrant.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
American Registry for Internet Numbers