44/8

Matt Harris matt at netfire.net
Fri Jul 19 15:34:47 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jul 19, 2019 at 10:29 AM John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:

> Matt -
>
> Chris is correct.   Those who received IPv4 address blocks by InterNIC (or
> its predecessors) prior to the inception of ARIN on 22 December 1997 are
> legacy resource holders, and continue to receive those same registry
> services for those blocks (Whois, reverse DNS, ability to update) without
> any need for an agreement with ARIN.  This has been provided without any
> fee to the original registrants (or their legal successors) as recognition
> of their contributions to the early Internet.

Hey John, I understand that, however my understanding is that the
establishment of an ARIN RSA is required prior to the transfer of a block
or a portion or a block via ARIN (such as the transfer of 44.192/10). Thus,
this would mean that the 44/8 block is now governed by an (well, more than
one, now that it's split) ARIN RSA (or LRSA) whereas it was not before.  Is
that not correct?

Thanks!