SHAKEN/STIR Robocall Summit - July 11 2019 at FCC

John Curran jcurran at istaff.org
Fri Jul 19 12:45:44 UTC 2019

On 11 Jul 2019, at 3:23 PM, Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> wrote:

> I used to think that email spam was a law enforcement problem too, but it's become very clear that law enforcement has little to no interest in solving geeks' problems.

Law enforcement deals with legal entities (persons, organizations) and jurisdictions (i.e. physical locations) in determining both applicable law and appropriate enforcement authority.

The Internet does not provide reliable attribution of entity or locale, thus precluding any efficient use of our existing law enforcement framework – it is no surprise that our Internet design choices have such consequences.

c'est la vie sur Internet,
/John