44/8

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Fri Jul 19 03:40:12 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 11:21:58PM -0400, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> who knows? probably? not really my personal concern I guess.

	If they're using taxpayer supported networks to provide transit
to a private, for profit entity, we should all care.

> I'm not sure how you're quite going in this direction...

	In order to sell something, you must own it...if you pop up,
claim responsibility for it, sit on it a while, and then sell it..
did you truly own it?

	If you represent a community, in theory, and sell something
without prior discussion, are there ethical concerns around that?

	There are some potential legal title questions around this,
and if ARIN is facilitating transactions with questionable history,
that is something the Internet community might be concerned about.

	Certainly, facilitating questionable transfers makes the idea
of an RIR sponsored registry that controls routing less palatable to
some individuals.

	And this is why I'd love some additional color from the
participants.  Perhaps this is all explicable -- but that blog entry
did not assuage my concerns.

	--msa