44/8

Majdi S. Abbas msa at latt.net
Fri Jul 19 03:13:24 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 11:02:40PM -0400, Christopher Morrow wrote:
> So.. this is/was a legacy allocation, right?  with some 'not great'
> contact/etc info...

	It's been announced by UCSD as a /8, consistently available,
with tunnel services and rDNS available on a consistent basis, for a
long time.

	The folks involved are not hard to find and never have been.

	Amusingly, they still seem to be advertising the covering
aggregate, so I guess the Cal system is going to provide transit to
Amazon?  Do the Regents know about this arrangement?

> the ARIN folk could have said: "Well.... sure! if the current folk who
> control access can positively show they do AND they don't mind parting
> with a /10... ok?"

	... I'm not sure this would make the 44/8 allocation anything
but a bogon, or ARIN WHOIS & RPKI a reliable resource for the community.
Potentially quite the contrary.

	If I start advertising space, and can show I thusly "control"
it, can I monetize it, too?  I could use "some millions."

	--msa