Twitter security team?

Rich Kulawiec rsk at gsp.org
Thu Jul 18 21:59:45 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 12:45:25PM -0600, Ken Gilmour wrote:
> I have evidence and can't contact anyone due to
> the lack of an appropriate form and the fact that the security@ email
> address doesn't work.

Of course I'm not surprised that the ignorant newbies running Twitter
can't manage this: who wouldn't be, given their atrocious track record?
But for everyone else:

[ engage soapbox ]

RFC 2142 was published in 1997, and most of the role addresses it
specifies were in relatively common use prior to that.

Yet -- nearly every day -- this list carries traffic from someone
attempting to help/warn/etc. some allegedly professional operation
that has its fingers firmly lodged in its ears in a desperate attempt
to prevent basic communication and expects people who are already
trying to provide them with free consulting services to jump through
various annoying  hoops in order to do so.

RTFRFC, folks, and implement it.  It's operations 101.  It's something you
should have done in the first hour of the first day, before you turned on
the rest of your stuff.  It's not hard.  And when a day like this comes
for your operation, which it will, it may save you considerable pain,
time, and/or money.

[ soapbox off - for now ;) ]

---rsk