Antennas in the data center

Robert Webb rwfireguru at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 13:54:32 UTC 2019

Thanks for the info on the standards portion.

The booster configuration has been setup in a test scenario where the
external antenna has been placed outside with line of site to the tower,
less than a tenth of a mile away, with the feed cable run down a hallway
indoors, the booster connected, and the indoor antenna connected (not in
the data center though).

Test with LTE equipment, ie. cell phones, has brought the signal from
barely a single bar of 1x to 4 bars of LTE with good speeds.

Manager has no issue with equipment purchased and has polled the other
tenants in the same data center and they are also OK with it. He has just
cited that there is some standard but has not been forthcoming with any
documentation.

I figured if there was such a standard then someone here would probably
have run across it at some time.

I am getting the feeling this is just something he has heard or been told
in the past and really doesn't know.