Colo in Africa

Valdis Kl=?utf-8?Q?=c4=93?=tnieks valdis.kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jul 16 23:55:01 UTC 2019

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019 15:54:10 -0600, Ken Gilmour said:

> We have a different use case to traditional analytics - We're aimed at
> consumers and small businesses, so instead of a SOC with one big screen
> refreshing 10000 rows of only alert data every 30 seconds, we have
> thousands of individuals refreshing all of their data every 30 seconds
> because there are comparatively less alerts for individuals than
> enterprises.

Plenty of room for lots of optimizations there, especially in conjunction
with some client-side caching.  If they're generating enough *new* events
every 30 seconds to cause any significant load, they're either in the middle
of a major event (something that shouldn't happen too often)  or they have
the logging is set to be so verbose that they're likely to miss actual important
messages.