Colo in Africa

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Tue Jul 16 15:08:32 UTC 2019

On 7/16/19 10:55 AM, Akshay Kumar via NANOG wrote:
> The 2nd requirement seems artificial. The new hypervisors have come a long
> way and the overhead is minimal. Also you can run bare metal instances in
> AWS if you really need them with 100Gbps.

Well the man wants bare metal, and while there's arguments for and against it,
it's what he wants to buy :)

That said, I'm one of those guys that likes owing my own hypervisor, don't
need to worry about the side channel/memory/OOO execution attacks from rogue
VM's if it's only my VM's on it.  Plus AWS ain't cheap either.

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
http://bryanfields.net