Performance metrics used in commercial BGP route optimizers

Töma Gavrichenkov ximaera at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 13:30:37 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019, 4:11 PM Dimeji Fayomi <oof1 at students.waikato.ac.nz>
wrote:

> I'm doing a research on BGP route optimisation and the performance metrics
> used by commercial route optimizer appliances to select better path to a
> prefix.

You may have discovered that already during your research, but just in
case: basically, using those optimizers at full throttle is a bad practice
and is generally discouraged.

A research into the deep-juju of BGP optimization is roughly equivalent to
a research about how alcohol may make you a faster driver.  I.e. it's fine
in academy but you certainly may want to emphasize security considerations
in your paper.

--
Töma