NANOG Digest, Vol 138, Issue 11

Brandon Svec bsvec at teamonesolutions.com
Thu Jul 11 17:07:34 UTC 2019

Having a somewhat bell shaped head, this sums it up pretty well, “.. Maybe
they don't actually care about this problem until they are
'forced' to care about it by their regulating body?”

As I understand, currently carriers are required to pass spoofed caller ID
because there are many legitimate reasons to do so.  There was some recent
legislation loosening that requirement and there is no requirement to
define what legitimate is, but still the issue is some one needs to care
about the problem.  That will require legislation and incentives to get to.

Brandon Svec
15106862204 voice | fax | sms

teamonesolutions.com
14729 Catalina St. San Leandro, CA 94577

.ılı.ılı. Cisco Meraki CMNA