SHAKEN/STIR Robocall Summit - July 11 2019 at FCC

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Thu Jul 11 18:33:25 UTC 2019

So I have a meta-question about all of this. Why in 2019 are we still
using telephone numbers as the primary identifier? It's a pretty sip-py
world these days, even on mobile phones with wifi calling, I assume. It
seems like this problem would be more tractable if callerid was a last
resort rather than a first resort.

Mike