Reddit down

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Thu Jul 11 14:52:14 UTC 2019

Seems to be having problems here.

Was getting "CDN can't reach" messages, now getting reddit pages - but
the individual lines are listing "something went wrong, don't panic" and
a global pop-up "couldn't load posts for this page.  Meanwhile the phone
app seems to be working just fine.

Just tried using Firefox instead of Chrome, and back to "CDN can't reach."

Odd...  but I'd guess it's something between their web server & database.

On 7/11/19 9:51 AM, Robert Webb wrote:
> Are we having yet another CDN meltdown or is it isolated to just reddit?

In practice, there is.  .... Yogi Berra

Theory is when you know everything but nothing works.
Practice is when everything works but no one knows why.
In our lab, theory and practice are combined:
nothing works and no one knows why.  ... unknown