Time and Timing Servers

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Thu Jul 11 14:29:46 UTC 2019

There were a lot of NTP threads several weeks ago, but I didn't get an answer to my question amongst all of the other chatter.

I'm looking for a device that can receive GPS inside a building without the assistance of an external antenna (Frontier says they no longer allow external antenna), will provide traditional NTP services, and will provide a timing signal that my Metaswitch can work with.

I know that MicroSemi via Symmetricom makes these kinds of devices, but I'm hoping to look at multiple manufacturers and compare.

Thanks.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions