QoS for Office365

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Tue Jul 9 16:19:00 UTC 2019

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 18:50, Tom Beecher <beecher at beecher.cc> wrote:

> I respectfully just don't agree on that. In my view, software should default to not setting those bits to anything by default, but should have configuration options that allow them to be set if required. Every network is different, and making assumptions based on RFC SHOULD's is an unfortunate choice.

You are entitled to that opinion, I just wanted to correct you that
this is not a change in OpenSSH behaviour from your point of view,
just different bits. For you it's business as usual.

I don't anticipate Internet users in general to be capable of
configuring QoS and I think they deserve reasonable defaults, and
those who understand what they want, can change those defaults. The
WLAN AP you shop from typical provider has QoS built-in, and it works
reasonably, with reasonable definition.
I wish we'd take it further, and give reasonable last mile QoS to
consumer, the 'small packets first in congestion' would on average
increase user experience significantly.

--
  ++ytti